I am very happy to announce that I released my first course Migrate SSIS Packages to ADF (Lift-and-shift SSIS Packages to Azure Data Factory v2) on Pluralsight. I designed this course to be visually elegant.
These are the items covered in the Migrate SSIS Packages to ADF course:
- Getting Started with Azure Data Factory
- Just an introduction to ADF and why you need to move the packages from SSIS to ADF (Azure Data Factory)
- Running SSIS Packages in Azure Data Factory
- Different ways you can lift-and-shift SSIS Packages to ADF. Also how you can configure the pipeline with variables, parameters, etc)
- Securing data in Azure Data Factory
- Learn about the security aspects of ADF migration (Azure Key Vault, Using Managed Identity, Service Principal authentication, etc)
- Scheduling SSIS Packages in Azure Data Factory
- Learn how you can schedule the SSIS packages in ADF (with schedule trigger, event-based trigger, tumbling window trigger, scheduling Azure SSIS Integration Runtime, etc)
- Monitoring Azure Data Factory Pipelines
- Different techniques to monitor the ADF pipelines
- What’s next?
- Next steps (action items) for you once you complete the course
Full disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I may earn some commission if you purchase through them. This way you can support my blog at not extra cost to you!
Watch the course trailer so you know what to expect:
Full course link: Migrating SSIS Packages to Azure Data Factory
Some screenshots/video clips from the ‘Migrate SSIS Packages to Azure Data Factory (ADF)’ course:
How Azure Data Factory Works:
Azure Data Factory v2 Integration Runtime (ADF IR):
Execute SSIS Packages that connect to on-premises data with Azure SSIS IR:
Azure SQL DB vs. Managed Instance:
Tumbling Window Triggers, and how they work:
I would love to know your feedback. Please comment on how you like the course.
Want to be notified as soon as I post? Subscribe to RSS feed / leave your email address in the subscribe section. Share the article to your social networks with the below links so it can benefit others.