I am very happy to announce that I released my first course Migrate SSIS Packages to ADF (Lift-and-shift SSIS Packages to Azure Data Factory v2) on Pluralsight. I designed this course to be visually elegant.
These are the items covered in the Migrate SSIS Packages to ADF course:
- Getting Started with Azure Data Factory
- Just an introduction to ADF and why you need to move the packages from SSIS to ADF (Azure Data Factory)
- Running SSIS Packages in Azure Data Factory
- Different ways you can lift-and-shift SSIS Packages to ADF. Also how you can configure the pipeline with variables, parameters, etc)
- Securing data in Azure Data Factory
- Learn about the security aspects of ADF migration (Azure Key Vault, Using Managed Identity, Service Principal authentication, etc)
- Scheduling SSIS Packages in Azure Data Factory
- Learn how you can schedule the SSIS packages in ADF (with schedule trigger, event-based trigger, tumbling window trigger, scheduling Azure SSIS Integration Runtime, etc)
- Monitoring Azure Data Factory Pipelines
- Different techniques to monitor the ADF pipelines
- What’s next?
- Next steps (action items) for you once you complete the course
Watch the course trailer so you know what to expect:
Full course link: Migrating SSIS Packages to Azure Data Factory
Some screenshots/video clips from the ‘Migrate SSIS Packages to Azure Data Factory (ADF)’ course:
How Azure Data Factory Works:
Azure Data Factory v2 Integration Runtime (ADF IR):
Execute SSIS Packages that connect to on-premises data with Azure SSIS IR:
Azure SQL DB vs. Managed Instance:
Tumbling Window Triggers, and how they work:
I would love to know your feedback. Please comment on how you like the course.
Want to be notified as soon as I post? Subscribe to RSS feed / leave your email address in the subscribe section. Share the article to your social networks with the below links so it can benefit others.